Michael Jackson’s Thriller is the Greatest Album
British TV viewers picked the Greatest Album Ever from the album list complied by music industry experts, artists, and bosses from the network’s three UK channels – MTV2, VH1 and MTV Base, FemaleFirst.co.uk reported.
Michael Jackson’s 1982’s best-seller LP Thriller was named the Greatest Album of all time, securing almost a third of the total vote of 40,000.
I don’t think there’ll ever be another album like it in the history of music,” MTV Base presenter Trevor Nelson said. “There will never be a marriage of producer and artist, or songwriting and pop sensibility like that again. Due to the way people buy records now, there’ll never be an album that sells as many copies.”
Surprisingly enough, British R’n'B artist Craig David and his debut album Born To Do It came in the second, beating out Guns N’ Roses and Radiohead.
I am very grateful to the viewers of MTV who have voted Born To Do It as the second best album of all time – not only am I incredibly proud, it is an amazing achievement especially when I look at all the other albums in the top 100!” Craig said.
Check out the top 20 Greatest Albums Ever, according to British MTV:
1. Michael Jackson – Thriller
2. Craig David – Born To Do It
3. Guns N’ Roses – Appetite For Destruction
4. Radiohead – OK Computer
5. Nirvana – Nevermind
6. Oasis – (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?
7. Oasis – Definitely Maybe
8. U2 – The Joshua Tree
9. Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
10. Amy Winehouse – Back to Black
11. The Strokes – Is This It?
12. Kanye West – The College Drop Out
13. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
14. Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP
15. The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead
16. Rage Against The Machine – Rage Against The Machine
17. Prince and The Revolution – Purple Rain
18. REM – Automatic For The People
19. Usher – 8701
20. Pixies – Doolittle
- michael jackson thriller
- michael jackson thriller album
- michael jackson thriller CD cover
- michael jackson best photos
- michael jackson best pictures
- michael jackson first album
Leave a Reply
Madonna appeared in a scout uniform while fighting for gay rights in New York City at the 24th annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Awards.
18-03-2013 | Read Full Article
Rihanna wears double jeans at River Island after party in London!
05-03-2013 | Read Full Article
Jennifer Laurence's transformations of recent time. Her hair color gets from blonde to brunette again. Why?
01-03-2013 | Read Full Article
The Brit Awards 2013 went with a glam as usual gathering celebs from Britain and across the pond to honor the winners in various music categories. Adele won another Skyfall accolade, while the best album of the year has gone to British Female Solo Artist award winner Emeli Sandé.
21-02-2013 | Read Full Article